From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Fred Baucom
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 11:33 AM
To: The Horn List
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Re: Stage Fright Topic (Hans)

Hello Michael,

I think I heard somewhere that Richard Solis of the Cleveland Orchestra
had such problems, as well...at least while performing as Principal.

Your book title is intriguing....in what way do you relate stage fright
to the unconscious?  Sounds like you believe that stage fright may be
explained in terms of depth psychology?  Are you a psychologist?

Thanks, Fred

"Michael I. Goode" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear Hans,

Thank you for your interesting comments about stage fright. Horowitz had
stage fright for 35 years then resumed playing. Arnold Jacobs told me of
a performer in the New York Philharmonic that had played wonderfully for
25 years then all of a sudden couldn't play. Hundreds of great
performers constantly suffer with stage fright and are calling me all
the time.

I don't have any stage fright-yet I wrote this book. Bud Herseth, Will
Scarlett, Richard Cox, MD, Don Greene, PhD, Patrick Sheridan, are some
of the names in music that like and recommend this book. Dale Clevenger
also has this book.

Maybe the book will help you understand stage fright for any students
you may teach as you don't seem to suffer from the problem yourself.

Mike Goode
www.trumpetworkspress.com

set your options at
http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/fbaucom%40sbcglobal.net