The Pittsburgh Symphony just came out with a 3 disc set of Mariss Janson's
tenure with them, entitled, "The Jansons Years."  It is sixty dollars and  well
worth it.  All of the recordings are live, but have been remastered  for a
better quality CD and the CD is excellent.  All I need to say is that  Brukner
7, Mvt. 2 is all you need to listen to, but there is Tshaikovsky,  Beethoven,
Shostakovich, Schoenberg, and many more.  No composer is on the  CD twice.
More than that, you get to hear the Pittsburgh horns, one of the  best horn
sections ever, in my very biased opinion.  Anyway, buy this CD to  hear one of the
best American orchestras at its finest.  You find more  about it at:
_www.pittsburghsymphony.org_ (http://www.pittsburghsymphony.org)
Michael Scheimer,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,
High School Student