Also Vlatkovic & his teacher Deticek played this model for years.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul
Mansur
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 4:44 PM
To: The Horn List
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Oddball eBay Horn

On Wednesday, July 28, 2004, at 11:46 PM, Alan Cole wrote:

> I ask you, is there a better virtual museum of oddball musical
> instruments than eBay?  Check out this 1...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/544dm
>
> -- Alan Cole, rank amateur
>    McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.

Beautiful instrument!  May be considered odd in the US &A but this was
the standard French instrument many years ago.  Hans used to play a
Selmer ascending horn.  I have an Alexander 102 in the ascending,
compensating configuration and it's a fine horn.  In 1975 the Holton
company had a full ascending model horn in their exhibit at the IHS
Workshop in Magog, Canada.  It was a nice instrument and played very
well.  I heard many favorable comments from those who tried it out.
Georges Barboteu was a featured artist and he was playing a Selmer.
Some of you may recall that Francis Orval and Andre van Driessche  also
were playing this type of horn at workshops in Hartford and East
Lansing in the later '70s.  It really facilitates some of the
figurations in French etudes, such as the Maxime Alphonse advanced
books.

Keep an open mind, young folks!

Cheers,  Paul Mansur