Sorry, Amy, if Scott uses the scores available on the market (edited bz
Edmond Leloir - former KaWe  or the other score from Musica Rara) instead of
any score from complete Haydn Works (I do not know it yet), he is breaching
the copyright law, as he is using copyrighted materal. If he travels to
Germany to see the set of parts from the Oettingen Wallerstein Collection,
writing his own score & making his own piano reduction from material he
prepared himself, well, no objection at all. But the two scores mentioned
above, are protected, as Leloir & von Pringsheim invested a lot of work to
eliminate writing errors, set better clear phrasings etc.

Jumping on board of a car which is running well, is too easy.

Greetings from near Shangri-la

Hans

> If Scott has done his own piano reduction from the full score, however,
> he's not breaking copyright, is he?

SigfridFafner the under ground horn player from Vienna

NEU: WLAN-Router f?r 0,- EUR* - auch f?r DSL-Wechsler!
GMX DSL = superg?nstig & kabellos http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl