Hi All,

An unnamed (to protect the guilty) colleague formerly from this list gave one including the free shipping to our (lurking) colleague on this list, Bob Losin and myself, and told us to find a good home for it...We can't bring ourselves to unleash this piece of junk onto even a poor (financially) suspecting student. We use it for a loaner horn when one of my student's just doesn't have access to another horn or better yet to use with a parent to carefully explain why they DON'T want to buy one on an Ebay auction. Thankfully, I have been able to talk a couple of parents into something better. I also have one student who is of Chinese origin, that his father bought one before I began teaching him lessons, the student had valve linkage problems with it, and wanted it repaired. I was able to convince him to buy his son a better horn, especially when he found out the hard way that no repair person would work on the hunk of junk...

There are only three really good uses for one of these horns, a) a door stop, b) a boat anchor and c) to demonstrate what NOT to buy a kid.

Walt Lewis

At 08:06 PM 8/21/2004 -0400, you wrote:

In a message dated 8/21/2004 6:53:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>   Doubles go for
> >$245.  What *are* these things?  Has anyone tried one?  I'm don't want
> >to buy one, but I am curious about them, particularly in regard to the
> >quality.

One of my students bought one of these AGAINST MY STERN WARNINGS.  It is a
piece of junk.  I will be surprised if she will be able to use it for much
longer.  I am very disappointed, to say the least.

Dee Anne Proctor
Nashville, TN

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.