In a message dated 9/8/04 9:02:03 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> and put one last coat of quality oil before storage.

No, a final last coat of quality oil is   not necessary or desirable.
The oil will congeal and gum up and make slides   and valves hard to move or
to freeze.
It is better to clean all   of   the slides off with alcohol(91%), and   to
wash   out the valves and casings   with alcohol.
I have stored horns for over 5 years using this method and when I unpack
them, all of the valves and slides work without any problems.
Paul Navarro
Custom Horn