Greetings -

I have a silver plated (unlacquered) C.F. Schmidt full double F/Bb,
standing in F, piston change valve, uncut bell, that I'm not using. I could
use around USD$3,000 more than the horn.

The unbuffed bell engraving says "C.F. Schmidt, WEIMAR vor dem BERLIN."

The horn has been totally overhauled, including a valve job, by Dick
Akright in Oakland, California. Since I picked it up in 1998 it's been
virtually unplayed.

There are professionally done patches on the inside of the bell where the
knuckles touch it, on the bell branch under the hand guard, where the first
branch comes out of the change valve casing, at the beginning of the bell
branch, at the end of the first branch, and on the curve of the lead pipe.
The leadpipe is essentially undented, although there is a distressed area
where the left hand rests on it. It does not leak there. The case is not
original.

The horn plays great and is in tune.

If you are interested in this fine horn or have any questions, please let
me know. I can send you pictures.

Thank you,

Carlberg

Carlberg Jones