I don't know what cadenza's I do like, but I know what I don't: I have the Sanzone
version of Mozart 4 (sheet music), and the cadenza is awful.  I originally thought
that it was me, I first played it at age 13.  The more I play it, the more I realize
it's just not very good.

Someone mentioned double stops (chords).  I think they would be appropriate in a
Mozart cadenza.  Wasn't that one of Punto's tricks?  Didn't he live around that same
time?  I don't think it would be out of place, but it's hard to do . . . I guess you
should only play it if you can play it right.

I am currently working on writing cadenzas for an independant study in horn
repertoire.  We're doing Mozart's 4th.  I'm having some trouble.  I can develop the
themes, but I can't get them to go together.  Does anyone have any suggestions for
writing cadenzas?  I've never done it before, and really don't know what to do.

Anna

"Some bridges are interesting . . .
 Some ain't . . .
 This one ain't."