What you have is a Chinese horn. Now there is an Eastman brand that is supposed to be slightly a cut above some of the other Chinese horns. At one time Atkinson had horns/and or components for horns made in China.

It could be that some Chinese company decided to stencil two horn names known to them. This happens a lot.

I am surprised that the people at Atkinson say that they are not familiar with Eastman, though, it is a known brand. Do you get a reply from Mark Atkinson personally or someone in the shop ?

I fear that your horn is not rare at all, although probably very dear to you. If you are happy with it, fine, but the reality is that you could purchase a decent used double horn made by the original Olds, a Conn 6D or a Yamaha intermediate model double horn, for not too much more money. I do not wish to knock Chinese horns, and some folks on this list are less kind in their appraisal of them than me, but although I am sure that there are exceptional individual specimens, Chinese horns do not enjoy high quality of manufacture, nor do they have sterling reputations at this time.

Regards,

Mark L.