In a message dated 11/16/2004 4:09:03 PM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Is my  horn leaking?  I've been playing exclusively on the F horn lately,  but
when I empty my horn's slides, all the water is in the B-flat slides  and
none in the F slides.  I do know the difference and to confirm  this I played
some notes both ways and removed the appropriate slides just  to be sure I
knew where the air was going - the longer slides are for the  lower-pitched,
F, portion of the horn.

I cannot figure out why the  water is in the B-flat slides except that
something might be leaking  somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

-S-

Hi "S",

Is it a compensating horn?  If so, air is always
going through the Bb side.

Regards,     Jerry in Kansas City