Now now, playing historically correct, and playing on an intended instrument are two different things. The Mellophone did not evolve into the horn like the natural horn evolved into the valve horn.

I see what everyone is saying about "if it sounds good, it sounds good." I definitely agree with that sentiment. What I was asking was about general feelings toward playing a piece like the Hindemith on the mellophone. Or just any pieces originally for mellophone-

I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone really sees the intrinsic value of reviving the instrument. Many of us were forced to play the "child of unwed parents" in our high school and college marching days. Does anyone feel the instrument deserves its few moments in the spotlight now and again?