Add Jim Patterson of L.A. to your list.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Morgan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Horn List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2004 11:44 PM
Subject: [Hornlist] bells

Ok, so I've got a 4 valve King.. one of the pre-Eroica models. Cool horn, but with a very mangled bell. I don't know how many of you out there have custom bells, but I have a question for those of you that do:

I want to enrich the overtones of this horn with a new bell, and basically bring this horn back to life. Which custom shop would you recommend for a good bell? I've got the basic list... Lawson, Atkinson, deHaro, Oberloh, Osmun, etc... are there people out there I should know about?

I'm not looking for a great overwhelming sound from this horn-- that's why I have a merker with a bronze bell. I want a nice, almost European sounding horn to come from this old, old King. What places would you suggest for a replacement bell?

Thanks! P Morgan