----- Original Message -----
From: LOTP
To: The Horn List
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2004 4:52 PM
Subject: New Mouthpiece

I've been playing Horn for 45 years and in all that time I've used only three
different mouthpieces. From 1959 to 1972 I used a WWII era Reynolds which
belonged to my father. From 1972 to 1992 ..a Giardinelli F16. 1992 to now a
Giardinelli C8.  Each time I made a change I noticed a significant improvement
in sound and playing ease (same horn through all the changes), I've recently
purchased a Giardinelli C6....almost identical to my C8 except for a slightly
larger bore. I played a rehearsal this week using the new 'piece and without my
telling you what the results were,  what do YOU think I should have noticed?

Paul