RE my post and Mark Sueron's reply, as copied below:

My intent was to make it clear that I have enjoyed a professional affiliation with the NSO in the past, in the hope of forestalling any thought that this was meant as unacknowledged insider cheerleading for the home team.

If I'm still missing the point of his query, forgive me.

I do hope midAtlantic members of the List have been able to catch a performance.

Best wishes--

Joel Lazar
Bethesda MD

message: 5
date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 15:23:06 -0500
from: Joel Lazar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
subject: [Hornlist] Atterberg attack, Washington DC

I had the pleasure of hearing Martin Hackleman perform the Atterberg
Horn Concerto at this morning's National Symphony Orchestra dress
rehearsal.

A spectacular achievement.

I cannot too strongly recommend catching one of the three performances
this weekend:

http://www.kennedy-center.org/nso/calendar/index.cfm?fuseaction=showEvent&event=NFCSF

Declaration of interest: I have been a staff conductor for the NSO
during the 1997-2001 seasons [a boast, not an admission]. And I'm a fan
of Marty's.

Best wishes--

Joel Lazar
Bethesda MD

message: 6
date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 19:31:53 EST
from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
subject: Re: [Hornlist] Atterberg attack, Washington DC

Little confused about your staff conductor comment. Does that mean you think
the NSO was a good orchestra during that period, or comment has nothing to do
with that?