> I have a tape, made from an off the air broadcast, of Hermann Baumann
> ...I would be willing to send a file made from this tape to anyone
> acquainted with Herr Baumann's recital repertoire in hopes of making an ID

Good afternoon Peter,

If you send the file out, how about sticking my name on the list:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

While I can't claim a knowledge of Baumann's rep, I am known locally
as (and I quote), "Walking Encyclopedia of Useless Information." Further
self-deprecation would reveal my once-photographic aural knowledge of
weird tunes. So, perhaps there's a shot.

The real reason I wrote to you (and the list) is to find whatever is
known concerning an old cylinder record I have in my collection. It's
an Edison Amberol 4-minute cylinder, label# 478, and is said to be by

"Gustav Heim and Waldhorn Quartette"

It is unfortunate that it is now cracked; split down the entire
length. Years ago I played it on a cylinder machine to see what
it sounded like, but I can't remember much about it.

Anyone know? I Googled it and came up short... at least so far.

jrc in SC