Matt,

Point well made, but then what about the individual who is playing the horn where there is no teacher of the horn available ?

Back in the 1960's when I was growing up I lived in a small town in Arizona and the closest horn teacher was 185 miles away in Phoenix and the next closest was 300 miles away in Tucson. There was the Farkas book on the art of horn playing and some helpful teachers who had studied horn in brass methods class in college and that was it. Oh to have had the internet back then and this and the other list.

Perhaps the situation has changed today and horn teachers proliferate everywhere, but I don't think that is the case.

Again as someone else suggested, we have delete buttons to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

With best wishes,

Mark L.