All gold plating is not created equal. I've had mouthpieces plated and rims
supplied by the maker that stuck to my lips like glue. It may be a surface
phenomenon--after a year they got slippery. Mouthpieces I've had done by Dillon
have been very good. I don't know who does their plating.

Herb Foster