Who has got the chance, to play Tippet No.4 symphony ???
What a terrible shit !! If reduced according to the
substance, it would just take 3 minutes to play it.

Ever know a conductor Mark Wigglesworth ? Doing Brahms no.4
? I fell asleep during the rehearsal. Slow, that even
unskilled music writers can follow easily & write the score
down.

NHR: Did I get it right, that cheer leaders greet the leader
of a nation with "Hail our Chief !" and that this leader
receives his determination from behind the stars (such was
called "from the Vorsehung" (= (divine) providence) some 70
years ago) & that he ends his speeches traditionally with
the word "God" leaving his mouth, a well known phrase
reminding to "Das walte Gott" (Nuernberg). Sarcastic, I
might say. Fundamentalists of all countries unite now.

The tragedy is it, that there are so many people involved,
who have no idea about geography, about foreign (language)
names & what country they might belong too, about foreign
culture, foreign believes, foreign behaviour. Thatīs why all
these stupidities happen. It is very sad, that many other
countries do not better. No people in the world, no
religious group might claim the title "the Chosen people" or
the "Only Right Religion", as this would discriminate all
others consequently.

The worst thing is it, to propagate democracy by the "burned
earth method", which has been done through all centuries in
the past & seem to happen again & again, erasing cities
completely, stripping off the identity of a people by
destroying their past (Babylon, Dresden, Warszaw, the
Buddhas in Afghanistan, Monasteries in Tibet, Hindu Temples
in Kashmir & Indonesia, churches & castles in France during
the revolution, devasting museums, etc. no end for
listings). It is very sad.

Music related: We have the same chaotic dictatorial corrupt
system in the music world. Social behaviour (got it ?) of
composers & conductors catapult them into the front ranks of
the business. It does not interest me, if one is orientated
to the one or the other faction, as this is of privacy. But
if those people get pushed up just because of .......,
something is wrong. It is also wrong, if "so called" modern
music is pushed just because it is modern, regardless about
the substance, if things are forced up, because of good
friends, if producers ruin a certain play (opera, drama,
etc.) by fulfilling their perverse dreams of scandals (our
next production of Rigoletto will play on the planet of apes
!! No joke !). Who will suffer most ? The audience ? No,
they are super spoiled anyway, they even do not know when to
applaud & when to laugh or scream (I am speaqking of the
audience here !). No, the musicians will suffer, as they
have to put much effort for worthless productions, or better
said, the effort does not stay in a favorable relation to
the success (number of performances & attendees - not to
talk about the box office). Most will suffer THE TAXPAYER.
And nobody might wonder, if the parlamentarians will decide
to cut the cultural budget.

What will be the final result ? We, the humans, will be
stripped of some essentials, which distinguishes us from the
apes, and we will be reduced to just "human resources" (in
the eyes of the politicians).

Sorry, I provoke a lot, but it seemed to be necessary to
make more people aware of the critical situation in the
cultural world as well as in politics.

Prof.Hans Pizka, Pf.1136
D-85541 Kirchheim - Germany
Fax: 49 89 903-9414 Phone: 903-9548