Get a castrate made. It is quite simple, just kicking into
his b...s very hard, the high "d" will be available.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Chris Tedesco
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:50 PM
To: The Horn List
Subject: RE: [Hornlist] Horn and High Voice pieces

Tenor?  If I am not mistaken, the original part is written
for a castrato, so wouldn't soprano be more appropriate?
When I heard the piece performed last, it was also done by a
soprano.

Is the only practical way to obtain and perform this piece
with a piano score and an actual or copy of the first horn
part for the aria?  I can't seem to find any music for, say,
just the voice, piano reduction and horn part.  (Not that I
would expect to find it, or that things like that are
usually published with the obligatto part)  While I would
likely have access to a piano score and a horn part, I
prefer to buy and own the music I'm performing if at all
possible.

Chris

--- "McBeth, Amy J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you have a tenor, there's a nice aria from Mitridate
(Mozart).  I
> helped out a tenor friend several years ago who used a
string quartet
> for accompaniment.  I played it on natural horn (just for
fun), and as
> I recall, the horn part was pretty simple-- This aria
will, of course,
> feature the singer and not you!
>

> Amy

http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/tedesccj%40yah