Some people notice a difference in the sound, good or bad.  For those who think
it's not as good as a cut bwll, I suppose to them that's the downside.
Personally, I'm not sure.  I had a 668V cut and it played BETTER.  The ring
rounded out the metal a bit, so maybe that's why.

When you have such work done on your horn, you always run a risk of not liking
the result.  Having said that, I'd have no qualms int he future of having the
bell on a horn of mine cut by a seasoned professional.  The travelling benefits
to me are very important.

Chris