Shanna, some thoughts for you.  One, you apparently switched from tpt to horn.
It could be that you haven't finished changing from one instrument to the other
yet; in other words, you are not yet comfortable with horn.  Second, your horn
mouthpiece might be inadequate.  You well may not have found a good rim and cup
with an appropriate backbore for you.  Third, you may have a nice trumpet and a
not-so-nice horn that doesn't fit you or your mouthpiece.  There are real
differences in the way horns respond to what you put into it.  And fourth, that
you are still playing both instruments may well be keeping you from settling
the techniques that are peculiar to horn and not really applicable to trumpet
technique.

I suggest you give up tpt, at least for a while, and devote that time to the
horn to see if results improve.  If you are not studying with a good horn
teacher, get started with one who can guide you well.   Try some other horns
and mouthpieces.  I advocate narrow rims and conical cups for horns.  That is
'way different from the way a tpt mpce feels.  A Giardinelli S-14 is
inexpensive and a very good all-around mpce for many horn players.  I've had
very good luck with them with a number of students.
Lastly, spend a lot of time on Kopprasch studies; long tone studies, extensive
scales, arpeggios, and work on the extreme low range of the horn toward pedal C
and that vicinity.   Results might surprise you.  Mind you, all this is based
on what you said and not on any observation of your playing.  These are sort of
blind shots in the dark as I've not seen you or heard you; but they are things
I would do with and for my students who complained as you did.

CORdially,  Paul Mansur