Hi Everyone,

I have to agree totally with Ellen and Gary. I would like to relate a story about the chairman of the Music Dept. at Harding University. Dr. Erle T. Moore was answering questions one morning in his music theory class (I know this to be true, I was there) and a young woman was complaining about the number of Music Dept. Recitals just before the close of the spring semester. To answer her question about the number of recitals we were required to attend he simply replied, "My dear children, Music is Performance". One must learn how to be comfortable performing, and the only way is to perform. I use almost the same kind of analogy when my students are preparing for State Solo and Ensemble. They usually cringe the first year they go to state and have to sight read. I tell them the only way they will become comfortable is to sight read a lot of music...

My .02 on this thread.

Walt Lewis