I've looked for info on older models a bit myself and it's definetly a pain!

I think one of the listers has a picture site with scans of the original
brochures for some of their older models.  They have a bit of info if I'm not
mistaken.  Could you send us a link?

The other way to find info is to use the search function of the Yamaha site in
this manner:

Click on search then select from the drop downs "Search all types" and "Search
all areas" and click search Archived content and then type in the model number
into the search box.

They used to have this information more readily available on their site in the
past, but now you unfortunately really have to dig to find it.

Chris