Dear Loren,
    Although I cannot attend the HIS Symposium - I am teaching summer school
and have a niece's wedding during the time - I want to send my hearty
recommendation for the Finke Brendan.  It is a very special instrument that
is easy to play throughout the full range of the horn - almost 5 octaves.
It is light, yet will carry in the largest of halls.  For a small-handed
person, it is very comfortable to play, the most comfortable of any horn I
have ever played, even the Yamahas, which seem to fit most small-handed
players with little or no modification.  I have only one lead-pipe, but it
seems to be more than sufficient.  If anyone has any questions about the
instrument and its high quality, have him or contact me.  Have a great time
in Tuscaloosa - from me in Memphis, TN.
Ellen Manthe