It's a mind boggling idea.  Though I think it would be a "toot," not "a
hoot."

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alan
Cole
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 9:36 AM
To: The Horn List
Subject: RE: [Hornlist] the natural horn

Shucks, wouldn't surprise me 1 bit to learn the animal husbandry geniuses
down at Texas A&M -- if they wanted to -- could turn out herds of the
appropriate variety of the proper species that collectively grow complete
sets of shofar-ready appendages in a range of sizes that provide for making
an accurately tuned complete set, fully chromatic in the aggregate.

Wouldn't that be a hoot?

-- Alan Cole, rank amateur
    McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.