Hey, we got'm -- no problem.  Don't know how God feels about it, but plenty
of the old silver dimes are still around.  Check out eBay.  Check out coin
shops you can find listed in the Yellow Pages.  Shucks, check out the
Florida flea markets.

Though no longer in circulation, silver dimes are plentiful & not all that
expensive -- I mean the ones maybe not pristine enough for coin collectors
but still plenty nice enough for horn levers -- at least for rank amateur
horn players.  (Don't know about the professionals -- they might think
silver coins on horn valve levers are a terrible affectation -- a sure sign
of bad taste & the rankest amateurism.)

Full disclosure:  I had silver dimes professionally soldered onto the 1-2-3
valve levers of my eBay horns (e.g., oddball Lehmann-style compensating
horn by Josef Lidl, no-name copy of Alexander 102ST, Yamaha YHR-668N,
etc.), but not my non-eBay horns (Alexander 103, Lawson 804).

-- Alan Cole, rank amateur
    McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.