On Jul 25, 2005, at 10:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

This may be an odd question, or one without a clear
answer, but...

why South Africa?

Shanna Hollich
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AOL IM: rhinos for jesus

I met the fellow who is putting the thing together at Tuscaloosa. He is really nice and enthusiastic but admitted that there weren't a lot of horn players in South Africa. He has a lot of plans, including outings in that very scenic and interesting place. I don't know that I will be able to justify the expense but if I can, I will go. I think this falls under the heading of "outreach" and development of the society. I hope it works out. What is of more concern to me is the status of 2007. If it goes to Europe as rumored, that will mean no International Symposium here until 2008.
Wendell Rider
For information about my book, "Real World Horn Playing" and the summer seminar, go to my website: www.wendellworld.com