On Aug 14, 2005, at 10:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I always have an auxilary main tuning slide for my
doubles. It has additional tubing in order to bring the Bb side of the horn down to A. Then, I cross tune the horn, pulling the F side out to
bring it down to E.  Thus I have an E/A horn.

This makes all those E solos much easier (just play the notes without
transposition).  This is NOT cheating.  In fact a long time ago when I
play for Herman Baumann in a master class, he was very appreciative of
the fact that people do this.

Hi folks,
There is no such thing as cheating when it comes to fingerings. God I am tired of hearing this. Thank you Eldon.
Wendell Rider
For information about my book, "Real World Horn Playing" and the summer seminar, go to my website: www.wendellworld.com