On Aug 14, 2005, at 10:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I think you're right. Maybe it would be simpler just to train myself to transpose a little quicker. My problem was only minor. At school, i am often
given pieces in C and i was merely feeling lazy.
Thanks anyway
Kev

Hey Kev,
I don't know how old you are, but maybe you will live to see the day when horns are digital and they will do all the transposing for you. Then you can be like the photography people I run into on the photo forums who complain about the fact that their expensive cameras don't turn out perfect pictures every time. The prevailing attitude is often: "If I've spent this much on a camera it should give me better pictures than it does." Of course none of these people have ever studied anything about photography and don't see why they should have to.
Technology isn't everything, thank goodness.
Keep on truckin',
Wendell Rider
For information about my book, "Real World Horn Playing" and the summer seminar, go to my website: www.wendellworld.com