Hiya. Blessing mpces are inexpensive. 90 degrees?! Surely you jest. That would put the bells straight up in the air! Maybe 30 to 45 degrees bend? I would expect some alteration and damage to the sound but OK for mellophones.

As to the weight thing, I think it is not very important. You HOLD the horn in playing position. Adding weight to it would increase your fatigue. Perhaps you need to grow 2 or 3 inches taller. That would shift the angle a little and make it feel more balanced for you. Or let the bell get off the thigh and fall a bit lower and farther to your right; that could shift it a little since you aren't likely to grow any more.

Paul Mansur