> I'm not aware of any makers nowadays who use no taper on the rotors. There
> are some who have cylindrical rotors with tapered rotor bearings,  though.

I asked Johannes Finke (of Finke horns) about this after reading (on
the Finke website) how they make their valves. Herr Finke told me that
their rotors would drop straight through an open casing.

So, there's no taper on the rotors, but I'm not sure whether Finke
bearings (or "axles") are tapered. I do know the thrust in a Finke
valve is kept in check with a single ball bearing on top, adjusted by
a setscrew... which is an extraordinarily cool idea if one intends to
keep a horn for a long while.

Also, this is not said by way of any DiSAGREEMENT with what you've
stated. It's simply more information towards further discussion on the
same point.

GPF