I have been using some Franz Strauss Etudes for my recent technical exam......if that's any help?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] Strauss Horn etudes
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:33:17 -0500

As I promised yesterday, I did check the Trenner thematic index for
Strauss' works and the etudes do not appear to have aver been published.
There is a pencil copy (or original - my grasp of German understands the
"bleistift" part of the description but not what follows. I will try to
take a second look to settle this) in the Richard Strauss Archives. From
the look of the incipits, they are technically over-involved and mostly of
curiosity value and not in line with what you would expect after looking at
Mueller, Kopprasch, Gumpert, Franz, et al.

I wonder if the original poster was actually thinking of Brahms' horn
etudes. These are available (I have an old Klaas Weelinck KaWe Edition -
Hans P. may have picked this title up and gotten it back in print) and,
while not that great or even Brahmsian, are somewhat playable.

Peter Hirsch