Josef Schantl 92 etudes for beginners, Sawart-Wottawa: 40
short etudes for beginners w/piano accompaniment & others.
Highest note written g2 on top of the staff.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Greg Campbell
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 8:16 PM
To: The Horn List
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Etudes for beginners [was: start off
on an F horn?]

Hans.Pizka wrote:
> ...instead of giving the e.g. Sawart-Wottawa etudes for
beginners,
> accompanied with piano (very simple). These are two to
four liner
> etudes really for beginners. So they can experience some
easy music.
> And these short songs of all kind, again accompanied by
(easy) piano.
> These things together with other goddies for solo horn
(Eichborn
> e.g.) and together with progressive etudes will develop
the skill of
> these youngsters even fast on the F-Horn & keep them
interested.

I didn't have the luxury of private lessons until my third
year of playing, when I was started on Kopprasch and
Maxime-Alphonse. I have since been asked to give lessons to
students in their first two years of playing the horn and
I've never really been satisfied with any of the literature
I've found.

What etudes do list members recommend for teaching beginning
horn players in the first two years of playing?

Greg