You've answered your own question already - the training you're receiving is
helping you in ways you're aware of, and probably in ways you're not aware
of as well.  Trust the people who designed your program, complete it to the
best of your ability, and go out into the world and practice your craft.
You will have a lifetime to practice but only these few years to lay a solid
foundation of musiciaship on which you will build for, we hope, decades to
come.

I admit my bias here - I am a former teacher of theory, ear-training, and
related subjects at the Mannes College of Music in New York City.

-S-