Possibly making a complete fool of myself as I am too lazy to refer with score
or old vinyl
(Barenboim/Chicago in my case, pretty impressive).

As I remember B4, it is the one with the massive unisono horn fanfares in Bb
concert (written F
major in the F horn parts).

This induces a question of mine:

The double horn hardly was common during Bruckner’s time, whereas the single
horns in Bb and F
were well known. Did Bruckner expect these fanfares to be played on open Bb
horns?

When I play my 5 valve Hoyer single Bb, I finger the 2nd space A with 3 (open
is too flat, 1+2 is
too sharp, 3 is spot on true). When I play my Conn 28D double, I use the F side
in that register.

Klaus Smedegaard Bjerre