Kit-

In retrospect, I believed the mention of the MRI was a major selling point to a
hornist having intonation issues with an 8d.

The proto 'sold itself' by virtue of combining good intonation with the other
qualities that fit my own requirements for a decent horn.

My Merker does have some 'off' notes but  not quite as many as the 8d and the
partials are narrower.

If something concrete pops up about MRIs used in horn tuning, this list will
hear of it.

best wishes

Rachel Harvey