---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Jun 25, 2006 2:44 PM
Subject: Finke Triples
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Alon, my name is Lou Denaro, I play a Finke Americus triple in high F and
Eflat.  I have owned several triple horns over the years The differences
between the F and the E flat side that our colleagues on the list pointed
out are all legitimate (I've owned all the horns they're describing except
for the Schmid).  Do you know that Finke has already dealt with the issue
that you are describing in your post?  Namely, if I want to switch my horn
between High Eflat and High F I insert a different crook into the descant
side; the High Eflat crook is just much longer and is bent back on itself so
it can be plugged in easily.  It is simply a proportional change that
affects the tone quality, otherwise there are no weird issues that occur
when doing this.  Please see the Finke website for details and feel free to
contribute this fact to the list (I am presently unable to because of some
protocol affecting my ID)  Best regards, LD