From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 8:50 AM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] Airline-Compliant Case-Holton Millenium
Merker

>From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: [Hornlist] Gig Bag
>quick recommendations for a gig bag to take on an airplane?
>Holton cut bell case

Hi Kim-
When I bought my (Holton)Millennium Merker in 2000, it came
with a square hard case that had been especially measured &
designed to fit into one of those airplane 'measuring
devices' (or whatever) that all airports have these days.

fyi: the horn has a cut bell.  The inside of the case is
shaped in such a manner that the horn rests in what I would
call a 'cater-corner' configuration-the bell on one side,
the horn and mouthpiece on the other; and it is an extremely
durable piece of work.

I have not been on a plane for a very long time, and when I
was on a plane, the horn did not go along-therefore I am
unable to provide you with a subjective opinion.  I can only
trust the word of the case designer-one Peter Piorkowski
(did I get that name right?)-that this case will fit on the
overhead inside the plane.

Peter may or may not be on this list, or perhaps on David's
horn list- but at the time I bought the horn, he was still
checking with hornists to see how they liked his new case
design.

I hope this will be of some help to you.

best wishes
Rachel Harvey