the way I started learning tranposition is interval + key signature.  After a
while of doing it that way it pretty much turned into reading clefs.  Anyway I
started by figuring out my interval and then figuring out my key signature,
then it just took practice.   So for H ( B natural ) I would read down a 5th
and my key sign is 6 sharps or F#.  The reason it is 6 sharps is because B
major has 5 sharps and you have to add a sharp for the one flat built into the
F horn ( key of F has one flat ).  So read down a 5th and everything is sharp
except B.  Of course you need to prepare yourself when the occasional
accidental shows up.

Herbert Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Then again, you could transpose to C,
then down 1/2 step to get the fingerings.
Ultimately, as pointed out, you would memorize it.

Herb Foster