Charles:

Sounds closer to a mellophone bell to me. Conn did make a few with bells under 12" in diameter. Good way to practice bell-cutting.

Jim Gray
message: 6
date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:57:56 -0700 (PDT)
from: CHARLES RENFRO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
subject: [Hornlist] Conn bell

Hey guys/gals,

I am currently in possession of a Conn bell...fairly old by the look of it, but in pretty good condition. It's yellow brass, has what looks like an Alex ring,
and it's stamped "CG. CONN LTD"  with "USA"  underneath. However, the bell
diameter is only 11 11/16" across and appears to have a medium to small throat. Any guesses as to what model of horn it might have once been a part? Did Conn
ever make a small bore horn of any significance?

Thanks, Charles