From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Richard Smith
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 11:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; The Horn List
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Hans Hoyer 7800

It's a wonderful horn but a little pricey (about $5500) to compare to an

8D. The 6801 is priced roughly the same as an 8D and is (I am told) the
same horn as the 7801 without the annealed bell. I have played these two

horns side by side. I preferred the 6801 and liked them both more than
my (quite good) Eastlake 8D. They compare very favorably with the best
of the older Conns.

Richard Smith
www.rgsmithmusic.com

http://music2.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/music%40rgsmithmusic.com