But there is a more important performance issue:

For which horn did Britten write the Serenade, what horn had
he in mind ? (excluding Prologue & Epilogue)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Christine Ranson
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 9:05 AM
To: The Horn List
Subject: RE: [Hornlist] Re: It's not over yet!

Yes, I'm pretty sure I already said I liked it with nat
horn, but it is still a performance issue that should be
considered with regards to how detailed Britten was!

> > Yes, it is not written by Britten that the soloist has
to> use a natural horn, but it is easier to play the
prologue &> epilogue better convincing when using a natural
horn or> hunting horn, including the 1/4-step too high f &
the> bit-flat a. Second: it is a nice "show" effect.>
Preconditioned, the soloist manages to switch the
instrument> perfect fast between prologue & first full
movement.