I'd like guidance as to how to value a horn I'm donating to my son's school.
My son switched to a much better horn but his old one is still much better
than the others at his middle school, and we have decided to donate it to
the middle school rather than sell it.  Suffice it to say we think his
middle school has an excellent music program and we wish to support it; we
would have no trouble selling the horn used.

The horn is a Yamaha 567 that's a few years old and has normal wear - a few
scratches, one or two small dents but no major ones, and is 100%
mechanically sound.  The case will be included, and a mouthpiece as well
although not the one that came with the horn as my son uses that one still.
My guess is that an 'optimistic' used sale price is what people normally do
in this situation.  I guess I'm looking for suggestions as either a
percentage of the list price or a percentage of what the big mail-order
places sell for.

Thanks in advance, private replies or on-list are both fine for this.

-S-