From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Howard Sanner
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 7:23 PM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] NHR: Violine vs. Geige

I know there are some native speakers of German on this
list.

Is there any difference in idiomatic usage of "Violine" and
"Geige"
for violin? I just saw a CD with the title "Samtliche Suiten
fur Violine" (can't do umlauts with this mail client). Why
not Geige?

To paraphrase the Marschallin: Wo liegt der ganze
Unterschied?

Vielen Dank.

Howard Sanner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]