That's all very well as long as there are transposed copies to play from. Often
there aren't.

Emory Waters

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Sent: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 1:26 PM
Subject: [Hornlist] Re: transposing

You people who 'insist' on having horn players transpose make me laugh.
It's so ridiculous. It's like saying if you're going to drive a car you have
to learn to drive a stick. No you don't, it's so silly. Drive the automatic and
give yourself
less grief. I have often found more mistakes on the 'originals' than the
transposed copies.
Play the transposed F part and get involved with the music you're playing,
 watch the conductor, be in sync with the rest of the section, the rest of the
symphony.
Leave the mental gymnastics to the Rubik's cube....and yes, I can transpose
quite well thank
you very much.
Jim