In a message dated 3/10/2007 12:01:14 PM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I'm  PROUD, and not in the least "embarrassed to defend" this trumpet
teacher,  because his development system WORKS!  It keeps my embouchure stong

& flexible.  I can slur from high C to double pedal C, back up to  high C,
back down, then up to high C in one breath w/o having to stop  & reset.  I
accomplished this in a few short months doing  Smiley's exercises.

What major Symphony do you play for?  High C's are nice, but what  about
playing a seamless, gorgeous and full sounding Brahms 2?  As far as  the smiley
thing goes, different strokes for different folks; If may work "for  you", but
there's a slim chance it will work "for me".  All people are  trying to point
out is a lineage of a "correct" way to form a reliable  embochure.  Don't get
me wrong, I've done my fair share of Claude Gordon  studies, but reading
something by Farkas, Rider, Gardner etc. provides far more  reliable and
insightful
information relevant to what I want to do, and it does  it "for me".

Maybe next year I'll make spring break plans, for now anyways, I'm back on
the hornlist!

Hoss Johnson
http://www.aol.com.