Yes, in Vienna. We sat in reverse, i.e., fourth horn furthest left and so on to the right, in the particular orchestra with which I played. Actually, it was a good experience because when you play principal you feel and hear the support of the entire section in tutti passages. But that was forty years ago. I don't know if that seating tradition still applies.

Richard in Seattle

harveycor wrote:
Has anyone ever performed 1st horn in a concert where you have not been seated
to the left of the section?

inquiring and experienced minds would like to know.....

if you wish to pm this one; you may pm to:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

thanks
Rachel Harvey