On Jun 18, 2007, at 10:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

message: 6
date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:47:01 -0700
from: David Goldberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
subject: Re: [Hornlist] Hornette and Song Flute

This makes for a curious Google experience.  There is a U.S. patent
(#4993303) by this name. See a description - no photo, too bad - of a
brass instrument at http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4993303.html

The curiosity is in another google hit:
http://www.elmcoralumni.org/news.htm

This page shows a photo of a brass instrument that I took to be a real
hornette, but it looks more like a cornet traveling about 3/4 the speed of light. But that's not why google turned up this website. Much lower
down on the page I see a reference to a person whose name is Ms.
Hornette Washington.  Go figure.

David Goldberg

Yes, it's sumer again! But marching band is just around the corner. On the first link page there is a link to Loud Mouthpieces. Surgical stainless steel! None for horn! We are behind the curve on this. The second link looks like a "pocket trumpet." A friend of mine has one and they play just fine. And yes, they do...
Love the colored plastic mouthpieces too.
Wendell Rider
For information about my book, "Real World Horn Playing", the DVD and Regular and Internet Horn Lessons go to my website: http:// www.wendellworld.com