To all members of the hornlist:

Today was the funeral   service for our esteemed colleague, Walter Lawson.

Yesterday I contacted Heidi Vogel (Executive Secretary of the IHS) and asked
her to present to the IHS advisory board my request to form a Walter Lawson
Memorial Scholarship.
Heidi agreed to present this proposal to the Advisory board at the IHS
Convention in Switzerland in July.

Once Heidi informs me that the Board has approved this proposal (and I cannot
foresee any reason   why they would not do so), I will post on this list that
it has been accepted, and where anyone who wishes to contribute to this
scholarship fund should send their contribution.

While this is just a small gesture of our appreciation, it is the very least
we can do in memory of our
colleague and friend who contributed so much to so many of us.

Paul Navarro
IHS State Representative
Lyric Opera of Chicago (ret).