I have the MB8 case in stock - and partially helped Marcus with the idea of
it.  It is indeed the least tall of the cases.  It also has the option of
zip on 'extras' like a suit bag, or a music case.  Between the MB6,7, and 8
- there are plenty of airline friendly cases.  I would agree with Paul
Navarro that the most certain one to fit would be the MB3 since it does come
apart into 2 sections.
Sincerely
Ken

"Just Put Your Lips Together And Blow...."
http://www.poperepair.com
US Dealer:  Kuhn Horns & Bonna Cases
Pope Instrument Repair
80 Wenham Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
617-522-0532

>>Has anyone seen or tried the new MB8? At 24x14x6.5 it's a bit wider than
the MB7C (20x14x8) but thinner. Which dimension usually poses the
biggest problem in small overhead compartments?

Greg